If you need ideas of what to do for a date, you have come to the right place for sure. I have 45 date ideas that you can do outdoors. We all love being outdoors, especially in the summer. There are plenty of outdoor activities to do in the winter also. Being outdoors is really good for your health. You can breathe fresh air and get your body moving. Going on a date outside can be twice as much fun too.
Notice how my 45 date ideas in the outdoors all start with a action word? Taking action is what you need to do to have fun on a date! What are you favorite date ideas to do outdoors? I’d love to hear back from you. Good dating!
1. Go on a Picnic: Pack a picnic basket, backpack or lunchbox with your favorite picnic foods and go to a local park to spread a blanket and enjoy some quiet time together. Have a candle light or flashlight dinner in the park.
2. Watch a Outdoor movie: Take your laptop to the park or in your back yard or anywhere else outdoors that you love to go.
3. Play Tennis: Grab a couple tennis racquets and some balls and play tennis at a high school or at the park.
4. Go for a Bike Ride: Rent a Tandem Bike or take your own bikes and go on a bike ride. Go around the city or find a bike path or trail. Explore!
5. Go to a Community Outdoor Concert or Play: Take a blanket, sit on the grass and just relax.
6. Have a Water Gun Fight: Be kids again.
7. Go Fishing: Grab the poles and tackle box and go to the local fishing hole.
8. Go Stargazing: look up at the stars, snuggle up under a blanket and pick out all the constellations you can find.
9. Go Sledding: Race down the hills or share a sled together.
10. Go to the Playground: Playgrounds are not just for kids. Unleash your inner child and have a blast on the slides and swings.
11. Arrange a Scavenger Hunt: Make a list of all the things that can be found, include some unusual things, and see how many your can find.
12. Go on a Picture Scavenger Hunt: Make a list of items and take your cell phones, see who can get the most photos of things on the list.
13. Go For A Hike: Drive to the mountains, hills, whatever is near and see what you can see. Get some fresh air, pack a snack, plenty of water and bug spray and explore.
14. Go Fly a kite: Buy or make a kite or two, go the park or any open space and see how high you can get it.
15. Go Golfing:
16. Go Mini-Golfing:
17. Go Swimming: Find a swimming pool at the park, a condo, a hotel, a friends house, get some exercise and have a great time.
18. Go to the Batting Cages: Put on your favorite team jersey and see if you can still hit the ball.
19. Go for a walk: Walking together is a great time to just talk about whatever. Go around your neighborhood, to the beach or walk around a park.
20. Work Out together: Take a class of your choose together and learn a sport or pursue one you already love.
21. Go to the Zoo: Walk around and hold hands while you look at all the animals. You could even have a blast imitating the monkeys.
22. Go to an Amusement Park:
23. Go to the Beach:
24. Go See a College Sports Event:
25. Go for a Scenic Drive: Talk, laugh go somewhere you both love.
26. Lay in the Grass & Find Shapes in the Clouds:
27. Watch the Sunrise/Sunset:
28. Go skating : Put on some roller skates and roll around town or a nearby park with your date. In the winter you can swap out the roller skates and go ice skating at a park rink.
29. Go around town and shoot photos of interesting sites you see: This will help you both learn more about each other and the place in which you live.
30. Create some chalk art: Find a place with a lot of sidewalk or concrete and color it with chalk art
31. Have a Backyard Camp Out: Set up a tent in the back yard, get a fire pit if you can and roast some hot dogs or marshmallows. Forget the fire if you don’t have one and enjoy the stars. Tell each other stories, sing campfire songs, and pretend you’re in the wilderness.
32. Have a Water Fight: Grab a hose some buckets and get wet!
33. Play in the sprinklers: Turn the sprinklers on and run through the water, dance in the water and have a blast.
34. Build a Slip ‘N Slide: Set up a Slip ‘N Slide in your backyard. It’s a refreshing way for the two of you to cool off in the summer heat.
35. Build a Snowman: Snuggle up for some hot chocolate after to warm up.
36. Pick a random neighborhood and head off to explore: Be a tourist in your own city! Take the bus or subway, get off at a random stop and explore. Drive to a neighborhood you’ve always been curious about and explore. Look at houses and pick your favorites.
37. Shoot some hoops at a local basketball court:
38. Play hide-and-seek outside in the dark:
39. Play hop scotch in the driveway:
40. Play Frisbee Golf With A Twist: Plan a fun date night playing Frisbee Golf…with a twist! Play in your backyard or go to a park.
41. Feed the ducks: Find a pond in your city, take a picnic plus some old stale bread or popcorn and go there and feed the ducks and feed yourself after.
42. Feed the fish: Some cities have ponds with fish in them that you can feed.
43. Pick berries or anything else at your local farm:
44. Horseback Riding: If this is an option, go for it!